Saturday 22 December 2018

Day 22 - I'll Be Home For Christmas - Doris Day

L.A. based singer J.C. Bentley (JC Bentley) has been a good friend to Blagg Acres since the days before there was even a Blagg Acres. J.C. was devastated by Gail's passing in July and has been hugely supportive to me, probably running up a fortune in transatlantic phone calls.

Earlier this month J.C. presented a Christmas in the UK show in LA and sung this song for Gail and dedicated it to both of us. The idea was that the whole thing was filmed so I could add it here but, sadly, the ghost got into the machine and nothing was recorded. 

I couldn't leave it off the Calendar this year though, but then choosing a suitable alternative version was so hard as there are dozens of excellent ones out there. I plumped for Doris because ... well, because you should always plump for La Day given the opportunity! 



No comments:

Post a Comment